This is a very simple recipe that I adapted from the ingredients list on something I enjoyed and a recipe for cashew milk. It does take a little bit of lead time (overnight) to soak the cashews, but once I had taken the time to do that, this recipe was far simpler and faster than I thought it would be.
- 1 cup raw, organic cashews
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 organic medjool dates
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp organic true (ceylon) cinnamon powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Soak the cashews in cold water overnight. In the morning, rinse the cashews, with agitation, until the water is clear. The cashews will have swollen a little.
- Place 1 cup of cashews and 4 cups of filtered water into a blender. Pit the dates (if applicable) and add them to the blender. Add vanilla bean powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Blend thoroughly.
- Chill, shake/blend/mix, and serve. If you are going to store it longer than 3 days, freeze it. Otherwise the refrigerator should be fine.